It’s so nice to be back here again to write to you all my take on the Power of Reflection.
The original title of this blog was going to be, How to have a Powerful Mercury Retrograde. But I wanted this blog to relate universally and to everyone from all walks of life. After all, I am not a qualified astrologer. I have done my fair share of research in the realm of astrology and close personal friends come to me for advise and readings for fun.
But anyway, apparently we are in a season of delays, technology breakdowns, miscommunications, and low energy levels. Astrologers call this period Mercury Retrograde. We only have about a week left in Mercury Retrograde and one more week for everything to get back on a powerful streak of momentum. I used to freak out and dread each and every mercury retrograde that came a few times a year, partly because of how I reacted to the season of delays which created some misfortune and chaos. I realized I attracted that kind of reality of frustration. Ick! So I haven’t had a retarded Mercury Retrograde in quite some time now. Which is cool because this is a reminder, to be mindful of our reactions, and truly take charge in how we design our lives by eliminating thoughts that do not serve you or this world. Thankfully, I embrace it now, keep reading on and I’ll explain why.
Delays and low energy levels are big signals from the universe that its time to slow down. Take a breather. It is literally a sign from the cosmos to take a break. Ideally, I would take a vacation during this time or simply just slow down and reflect on life.
Its a period of reflection, reorganization, reinvention and any word that pretty much starts a word with “re”. It can be a powerful period. If we make it to be.
When its a time to check back in with yourself especially, in a world, in this day in age of technology, social media, grinding day in and day out we can become less effective and lose passion in life, if we fail to make time to reflect. In this fast paced lifestyle, I truly feel society has misguided us to believe that the more we do the more we get. We are conditioned to believe that we have to be busy bodies all the time.
Don’t get me wrong being busy and productive is great. But we are also not robots made to be on this inevitable never ending journey of doing the same thing every damn day! I like how the late, Dr. Wayne Dyer puts it, “I am a human being not a human doing.”
Resting, rethinking, reflecting and reinventing are so crucial to living a powerful and effective life. Life is about seasons. Life happens in cycles. Resting recharges your batteries, updates your inner gps so you know exactly where you are going when it is time to move forward. Its a check point in life.
Why do people avoid these periods of reflection? Honestly, I truly believe people don’t want to deal with it. They want to move on so fast that they don’t even get to digest these pivotal moments in life. Dealing with yourself and creating an accountability/acknowledgement process is tough but highly rewarding. Its part of the mastering yourself process. Sadly, people cannot deal with themselves. They avoid it at all costs and would rather fill voids by over socializing, over working, or over medicating.
But whats so cool is the blessings that are in store when we take on the opportunity to reflect.
- Reflection allows one to recognize personal responsibility
- Reflection allows ourselves to acknowledge our success and truly digest all that we have created in the recent past.
- Reflection allows us to take an honest look at our life and re-tweak and reconfigure what works and what doesn’t.
- Reflection allows us to check back with ourselves. Allows an opportunity to be with yourself. (The most important relationship to ever master in life is the one with yourself.)
- Reflection allows recovery to happen. That could be a recovery of finances, health, creativity, relationship or whatever needs recovery.
Even the fully functional people need these moments of reflection.
Its not so bad to take time off to reflect. Resisting this time also is rooted by some limiting beliefs. Here are some limiting beliefs that may hinder the flow of reflection in life.
- Not enough time to reflect. Time is running out, unrealistic sense of urgency. This does not serve. This is a limiting belief that derived from the place of lack. In essence, this sneaky limiting belief supports contraction and not expansion. So the underlining truth here is we will all gain by taking a pause to reflect or recharge by taking a time out. I promise you this works.
- Avoiding the chance to reflection. This is caused by fear. We naturally avoid the unknown. Many of us suffer from the fear of the unknown. There is nothing to fear. Usually, the stuff we avoid is stuff we already know about but hide from or avoid. Its not so bad knowing the truth. Nothing in our life defines us absolutely without our consent.
- The Voices, (Your Ego) also known as lies. I call my ego, the voices in my head that can literally drive me powerless. These conversations happening inside your mind can literally paralyze your inspired actions, your brilliant ideas and the process of powerful opportunities of reflection. Learn how to turn the volume down on these voices and take control by pressing mute.
I hope you all are going to take a moment to reflect. Its very cleansing!
Please subscribe to my blog/newsletter by signing up in the box on the top right corner.
Much love and blessings to you always.